ImpaktArtist.com is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. § 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. If your copyrighted material has been posted on ImpaktArtist.com or if links to your copyrighted material are returned through our search engine and you want this material removed, you must provide a written communication that details the information listed in the following section. Please be aware that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you misrepresent information listed on our site that is infringing on your copyrights.
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
- Provide evidence of the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Provide sufficient contact information so that we may contact you. You must also include a valid email address.
• You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed and including at least one search term under which the material appears in ImpaktArtist.com's search results.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
ImpaktArtist.com will make every effort to remedy the situation and will remove any link per trademark or copyright owner’s request. Send full URL of the link along with your company’s email address to email@example.com. Please allow 7 business days to respond to your notice and take necessary actions. In addition, you are required to consider the possible fair use implications, as a result of Lenz v. Universal & Cariou v. Prince, see also “Copyright in Derivative Works and Compilations” from the U.S.Copyright Office. Complaining to other parties such as an Internet Service Provider may result in legal ramifications and may result in a delayed response. We reserve the right to challenge abuses of the DMCA process.
Here is a link to a sample DMCA Notice for your convenience:http://www.futurequest.net/Services/TOS/DMCA/DMCANotice.php